Topic Options
#30173 - 06/01/09 11:40 PM Print from different input trays (Auxiliary)
vincent Lam Offline
OL Newbie

I have an invoice data file which it is in PDF format. Now I want to use PP7 that different pages can be printed from different input trays. The media selection is depending on the page number of the invoice. How to do it in PP7?

Thanks.

Vincent

#30174 - 06/02/09 09:41 AM Re: Print from different input trays (Auxiliary)
Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune Montreal
Vincent,

First, import your pdf in PP7 by going to Tools->Add New Data, and select your pdf. Once loaded, you can easily create conditions by selecting some text in the pdf, and dragging it in the Conditions folder in the Document Structure. If you then double-click on it, you'll see that it has created a condition to look for a specific word in a region. In your case, it will be a page number.

You can then make copies of this condition and modify them. For example, you could make a copy and check "Invert condition" to check if it's NOT page 1. Then, for example, you could have two pages, the first one with Condition1 which would print on page 1, and page2 which would use Condition2 and print if it's not the first page. Both pages can use a different media selection, so this way, you'll get the variable media selection that you want.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Rapha

#30175 - 06/03/09 05:34 AM Re: Print from different input trays (Auxiliary)
vincent Lam Offline
OL Newbie

Thanks for your help.

When I tried to select the page number in the pdf, no such page number are displayed in the "string to find" text box. Moreover, only tray 1 is selected when printing.

Vincent