Topic Options
#30256 - 08/04/09 03:44 PM printer resident forms and dbf
franklin Offline
OL Toddler

I was wondering if it is now possible to do a form call using DBF files using PP7 now. I remember it being an issue with older versions...

thanks

#30257 - 08/05/09 08:14 AM Re: printer resident forms and dbf
cosimo Offline
OL Expert

Loc: montreal
Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean by "it is now possible to do a form call using DBF files using PP7"?
Can you clarify.

Cosimo

#30258 - 08/12/09 06:15 PM Re: printer resident forms and dbf
franklin Offline
OL Toddler

We had been told that in version 3 thru 6 - a form could be resident on a printer hard drive and that we could use form calls to aquire the form along with sending the new data. However, we were told it was not possible to call a form from a printer hard drive if the variable data was a database emulation of any type including DBF databases. I hope this is making sense.....If so, is this possible now?

#30259 - 08/12/09 06:47 PM Re: printer resident forms and dbf
Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune Montreal
franklin,

Simply sending a mdb file to a form will not work, printer resident or not, as PlanetPress needs to convert the database to it's own database format.

What you could try is in Watch, use a PlanetPress Database action to generate a PlanetPress Database data format from the mdb. You can then use an Add/Remove Text action to add a form trigger, and send that as a passthrough to your printer, and it should print the form with the data from your database(provided you sent the form on your printer's hard disk).

Sample trigger you can put in the Add/Remove Text action:
Code:
%!PS_Adobe
(Form_name) run Form_name
Replace "Form_name" by the name of your form.

If you do not have Watch, however, I do not think there is any ways to send the content of an mdb file to a printer-resident form. This has not changed in version 7.

Regards,
Rapha