Topic Options
#31246 - 04/20/09 05:40 AM PlanetPress Workflow module comparison
wai_mark Offline

After study 3 new PlanetPress Workflow module, for the print function please help to clarify below:
PlanetPress Watch - I think just same as previous version, the printer must have postscript and PP Licensed.
PlanetPress Office - do you mean I can print to the PP licensed printer but can be without postscript?? print PCL Windows driver to PCL desktop printer.
PlanetPress Production - no any license limitation, user can print to any printer which with Postscript module.

Am I understanding is right?? please advise... wink wink

#31247 - 04/20/09 10:22 AM Re: PlanetPress Workflow module comparison
Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune Montreal
Wai_mark,

Here's what the three products are all about:

PlanetPress Watch: Basic Watch application. You need to license every printers you want to print to, and you cannot use Windows Driver printing.

PlanetPress Office: You can use Windows Driver printing, but you will need license for PostScript printing.

PlanetPress Production: You can use Windows Driver printing, and you can use PostScript printing in Optimized PostScript mode without licensing printers. You only need licenses for Printer Centric postscript printing.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Rapha

#31248 - 04/27/09 02:50 AM Re: PlanetPress Workflow module comparison
wai_mark Offline

If I use Windows Driver printing, what is the output format?? Is it depends on the Windows Driver?? for example PCL Driver output PCL. If yes, if I print to some image Driver, is that work?? for example TIFF writer... confused confused