Topic Options
#31287 - 05/18/09 11:35 AM "Invalid Filename" error when using Database sample data
Justin K Offline
OL Toddler

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
When I attempt to use our SQL database in Production for sample data, I am able to link to a table or view and see the information in the Data Selector window, but when I click OK an error dialog box appears that says "Invalid filename." It's as if it thinks the DSN string for the database connection is to be treated as a file name.

I can use the same database link in Design for sample data without issue.

This issue did not occur in Watch version 6 with the same workflow.

-Justin

#31288 - 05/18/09 03:05 PM Re: "Invalid Filename" error when using Database sample data
Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune Montreal
Justin,

I was unable to reproduce this problem using my own SQL Database. The DNS entry did not produce any errors.

It may be better if you open a technical support issue, so we can connect on your machine and try to figure this one out. Go to our main web page, and then to Services->Support->Report an Issue. One of our technicians will then get in touch with you.

Regards,
Rapha

#31289 - 05/18/09 03:30 PM Re: "Invalid Filename" error when using Database sample data
Justin K Offline
OL Toddler

We are currently demoing the software, but plan to purchase soon. I will put in a support request then if I have not resolved it.

Thanks again for the assistance.

-Justin

#31290 - 07/21/09 08:51 AM Re: "Invalid Filename" error when using Database sample data
Alain B Offline
OL Guru

Loc: Montreal
We have exactly the same problem

I am curently trying to convert pp6 to pp7

If i edit with Planetwatch 6 everything is ok
I can send the configuration and make it run and everithing is fine

Then I stop the service
I enter in planetpress 7 production Configuration
- open the ppwatch.pw6 file
- open the Change emulation database plugin
- View selector
- Click on the folder icon to select the database connection
- Click on connect to ODBC Data Source
- Select the database
- Enter the sql statement
- Test SQL
- Press ok
- Press ok

I then receive the message invalid filename

i think what cause the error is this line : DSN=gpvunit;Description=GPVUNIT;UID=user;PWD=password;APP=PlanetPress Suite 6;WSID=MSRVGP06;DATABASE=GPV;AutoTranslate=No;QuotedId=No;AnsiNPW=No

The SQL server is window sql server 2005 on an other server on the network.

#31291 - 07/21/09 09:26 AM Re: "Invalid Filename" error when using Database sample data
Justin K Offline
OL Toddler

We still experience this issue as well.

I was hoping it was some how related to our upgrade from v6 to v7 during our evaluation of the software.

We have since purchased and installed a fresh copy of v7 and the same error occurs.

-Justin

#31292 - 07/21/09 10:15 AM Re: "Invalid Filename" error when using Database sample data
Philippe F. Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune, Montreal, Qc
Make sure you update to V7.0.1 (use the check for update option). The issue was fixed in that release.

#31293 - 07/21/09 11:19 AM Re: "Invalid Filename" error when using Database sample data
Justin K Offline
OL Toddler

I have the v7.0.1 update installed.

The first time I select the sample data from our SQL DB, it warns that the emulation might change, and it works (no error).

If I attempt to open sample data again from the same DB table (or other table), same settings, it fails with the "Invalid Filename" error.

If I recall correctly, this occurred in the exact same manor during a previous installation of v7 -- it worked once and only once and then never again.

-Justin

#31294 - 07/21/09 11:27 AM Re: "Invalid Filename" error when using Database sample data
Alain B Offline
OL Guru

We also have the 7.0.1.4674 version installed

Strange thing, I used planetwatch 6 to set the database then test the connection etc so i saved the ppwatch.pw6

Then I opened planetwatch production and opened the ppwatch.pw6 file than saved in ppwatch.pw7

I send the configuration

I tested one file and no error found

Starting plugin PlanetPress Database - 11:04:04
Assign connection string: DSN=gpvunit;Description=ppprocess;UID=user;PWD=password;APP=PlanetPress Suite 7;WSID=MSRVGP06;DATABASE=GPV;AutoTranslate=No;QuotedId=No;AnsiNPW=No
Assign connection string: DSN=gpvunit;Description=ppprocess;UID=user;PWD=password;APP=PlanetPress Suite 7;WSID=MSRVGP06;DATABASE=GPV;AutoTranslate=No;QuotedId=No;AnsiNPW=No
File processed : job00Z9GO8P3BRRM43200BEB.dat, size: 278 bytes
Plugin PlanetPress Database completed successfully - 11:04:04

Starting plugin Change Emulation - 11:04:04
File processed : job00Z9GO8P3BRRM43200BEB.dat, size: 278 bytes
Plugin Change Emulation completed successfully - 11:04:04

Starting plugin Set Job Infos and Variables - 11:04:04
Value: field(1,0,0,'SendTo',KeepCase,Trim)
JobInfo/Variable %{email_to} is set to "address.domaine.com;"
Value: field(1,0,0,'UserDef',KeepCase,Trim)
JobInfo/Variable %{action} is set to "E"
Plugin Set Job Infos and Variables completed successfully - 11:04:04

So it look like its the edition with plenetwatch production that have problem

#31295 - 07/21/09 02:04 PM Re: "Invalid Filename" error when using Database sample data
Justin K Offline
OL Toddler

I just discovered a work around for this issue!

After setting up the db info, if you pull down the Emulation combo box and select database (even though it's already selected) it will allow you to save.

-Justin

#31296 - 07/21/09 02:35 PM Re: "Invalid Filename" error when using Database sample data
Alain B Offline
OL Guru

I confirm, I also was able to save it