Topic Options
#31340 - 05/29/09 04:46 PM PP6 Printer -> PP7 Production issues
Jim McGarry Offline
OL Newbie

Loc: Detroit, MI
We are upgrading our printers and planetpress in the shop at the same time. The current environment was using forms downloaded to the old printers and merging the data/form there.

We got a license for production and now I am trying to figure out what needs to be converted. I have the designer (7) with one of the forms loaded, with the new printer ppd. Using Print/Print Queue(optimzed) things behave well for tray and duplexing. I had to add advanced paper handling calls to make this happen from the PPD.

In Production I setup a print queue for the printer. I added a process and folder input to then send to either printer driver or queue (tried both).
I get a bunch of error messages on the console...
No Windows printing mapping file found for PPD: Canon iPR Server J100-200 1.0US. PPD command will be ignored
Canon iPR Server J100-200 1.0US. PPD command will be ignored

File processed : job00Z90IGQXHNHG2317DCB90.dat, size: 24487 bytes
Plugin Print using a Windows Driver completed successfully - 16:40:04

The job does not duplex or tray pull at that point from either output. The font selection seems to be working however.

Any thoughts or insights would be appreciated.

Thank you!

#31341 - 05/29/09 04:58 PM Re: PP6 Printer -> PP7 Production issues
Philippe F. Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune, Montreal, Qc
Have you installed the same PPD's on your Production server as you did on your PlanetPress Design station (or are both applications running on the same PC to start with)?

#31342 - 05/29/09 05:01 PM Re: PP6 Printer -> PP7 Production issues
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello,

I believe that you are using the incorrect output for printing.

Print using a windows driver is not the same as using Optimzed Postscript. What you want to do is add a printer queue in PlanetPress Production and use the standard Printer Queue output and not Print using a window driver.

If you use Print using a windows driver than you may not have the same flexability with tray calls and things like that.

#31343 - 06/01/09 08:19 PM Re: PP6 Printer -> PP7 Production issues
Jim McGarry Offline
OL Newbie

Loc: Detroit, MI
OK, not really sure what was wrong, but deleting everything and adding back seems to have the problem of the tray select and duplex issues fixed. I believe I also had an issue with the correct document being used.

Now I am having another issue. Dynamic images do not appear on the printer. They are on the virtual disk (Can see thru virtual drive manager), and even if I make a task to generate a PDF they are included fine.

The document printer settings are...
trigger: regular
run mode: optimized postscript

Any special things I should look at for the image settings perhaps? Again, this used to be printer based with a form.

As always any suggestions or comments much appreciated!

Thank you,
Jim