Topic Options
#31345 - 06/02/09 03:37 PM Color text email output
cpamc Offline
OL User

Loc: Des Moines
Do you have a simple way to style/color the text in a email that is being sent out using Planet Watch? All styles applied in Design do not translate out in the email.
thanks

#31346 - 06/09/09 10:31 AM Re: Color text email output
cpamc Offline
OL User

I guess from the lack of a response, the answer is no. thanks

#31347 - 06/09/09 10:42 AM Re: Color text email output
Philippe F. Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune, Montreal, Qc
Sorry for not getting to this post earlier, but could you please explain a little more what you're trying to do?

If you want to send out HTML emails, you can specify any color you like using standard HTML tags in the email body. If you want to attach a color PDF, then use the standard Style properties in your PlanetPress document.

What I don't understand is your statement: "All styles applied in Design do not translate out in the email". PlanetPress Design does not create emails, so what is it you're trying to achieve, exactly?

#31348 - 06/09/09 10:47 AM Re: Color text email output
cpamc Offline
OL User

In Planet Press Design tool you do a data selection. You can tell this data selection to be the Email address, email subject, email message, etc. In Design you can color and set the font style. You can color the message red and make it 12pt Arial Bold. But when it goes to the email all style attributes are striped out and it's just raw data. I was hoping for a simple way to add color text and format it without getting someone with HTML programming. Just add it to the wish list for the next version.
thanks

#31349 - 06/09/09 11:21 AM Re: Color text email output
Philippe F. Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune, Montreal, Qc
Makes sense.

We'd have to add a sub-option in the Data Selection Object to "Preserve text formatting" when the object is marked as being the Email message.
Obviously, this would automatically require the email to be sent in HTML format.

We'll add this to the wish list for future releases.

#31350 - 06/09/09 11:23 AM Re: Color text email output
cpamc Offline
OL User

Thanks, really liking what 7 can do!