Topic Options
#31359 - 06/08/09 12:26 PM Word / RTF Documents
John Price Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Wigan, UK
We have a corporate application that produces RTF files and these are printed manually by the user to their local printer. They are then folded and stuck in an envelope and posted. There are well over 100 documents produced each day and range in page count from 1 to 40.

I wonder, can we use the new features in PP7 to manage these documents by getting these clients to print to the new print driver. I would like to be able to batch them up, reduce the size by around 5% so that I can then add a bar code to enable them to be enveloped by our machines.

These RTF files are produced on several terminal services but from the same application and I wonder how this could be achieved.

We have been given until the end of the Month to Purchase the new upgraded PlanetWatch package at a good discount and this would go some way to justifying the expense.

Thanks

#31360 - 06/08/09 03:06 PM Re: Word / RTF Documents
Philippe F. Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune, Montreal, Qc
What you describe is basically a textbook example of what PlanetPress Suite Version 7 can do.

Everything you described can be achieved with V7. You will need either the Office or the Production version of the workflow tool.