Topic Options
#31361 - 06/09/09 08:30 AM Error starting services with new user account
Justin K Offline
OL Toddler

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
Hello,

I've created a new account on our domain to allow PlanetPress Watch to access image files over our network.

When I attempt to use this new account however, I get the follow error:

Quote:
An error occurred while starting PlanetPress Messenger Service: W1036 : Could not open the log file
I'm guessing this is a permissions issue on the server PlanetPress is installed on, but I can't seem to get it straightened out.

Any suggestions?

#31362 - 06/09/09 02:42 PM Re: Error starting services with new user account
Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune Montreal
Justin,

All services must use a user account that has all admin rights, and it must be the same that you're using in your Windows session.

For the Watch services and everything related to Watch, you can go in the Watch configuration, and go to Tools->Configure Services, and configure the services from there.

For the Messenger service, you need to go to the Windows computer management, and enter the proper information. You can right-click on My Computer, and choose "Manage". Under Services and Applications->Services, look for a service called PlanetPress Suite Messenger 7, right-click on it, go to Properties. On the Log On tab, enter the proper user there. Click Apply->OK, restart the service. That should give the service the proper permissions.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Rapha

#31363 - 06/10/09 11:20 AM Re: Error starting services with new user account
Justin K Offline
OL Toddler

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
Hello Raphael,

I didn't realize the account used for the services had to be the same as the one used to log in. Now that you've written it, I do recall seeing a message box suggesting to use the same account for both, but I had not experienced a problem until now.

I was indeed able to use the domain admin account I was using for my Windows session to run the services with no errors.

Thanks once again!

-Justin