Topic Options
#32593 - 05/20/10 12:29 PM Reinstall PP7 Server on Same Computer
John Bradford Offline
OL Toddler

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Hi, Group.
I am having some issues with the server I have PP7 Server installed on. I can spend hours searching for the issue and hours more fixing, or I can simply reinstall the OS and start from scratch. Nothing but PP7 is running on the server.
My question is, can I use the same activation codes I received originally, or do I need to go through the full activation process? Nothing is going to change hardware or software wise.

Thanks.

John B.

#32594 - 05/20/10 05:14 PM Re: Reinstall PP7 Server on Same Computer
maria Offline
OL User

Loc: Montreal, QC, Canada
Hi John,
Typically, if nothing changes then the magic number should remain the same therefore, the same activation code can be used.

However, in some instance, re-installing the OS can cause the magic number to change, therefore requiring a new activation code. If this is the case you can contact our activation department for a new activation code at activations@ca.objectiflune.com

The Activation Department for North America is opened from Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm Eastern Time. If you require an activation code oustide these hours, you can login the Web Activaton Manager www.objectiflune.com/activations and submit a re-activation request for your serial number. You will be receiving a 7 day temporary code, giving you time to contact our Activation Departement to extend this period.

Hope this answers your question!
Thanks
Maria