Topic Options
#33298 - 09/14/10 12:47 PM Print shop mail printing issue - using Mac
Dennis Lanfre Offline
OL Newbie

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
I am printing from Mac using Mail 5.4
Printing 2 up on 18 x12 - 2 fronts and 2 backs.
when I preview it is perfect. when I printed entire file of 1660 records
it printed 1 front and 1 back side by side.
I reprinted 200 records and it printed just fine - but anything over 200 records
and it prints 1 front and 1 back side by side.
Why is this?

#33304 - 09/14/10 03:55 PM Re: Print shop mail printing issue - using Mac [Re: Dennis Lanfre]
Marc-Andr
Unregistered

Hi Dennis,

I would suggest opening up another Web Support and including those files so that we can test and see why this is happening.

Most times this will happen if you have an uneven number of records. But in your case all is setup properly.

thanks,

Marc

#33312 - 09/15/10 08:55 AM Re: Print shop mail printing issue - using Mac [Re: ]
Dennis Lanfre Offline
OL Newbie

Thank you Marc,

I think it is an uneven number of records also and I am testing that now.
the number 1600 was incorrect I rechecked and it was 1669.

Dennis

#33320 - 09/15/10 11:33 AM Re: Print shop mail printing issue - using Mac [Re: Dennis Lanfre]
Dennis Lanfre Offline
OL Newbie

It appears that it must be an even number of records and an even number
of sheets. I just printed 752 records and they worked great - had 6 records left
over to print - so those came out 2 up side by side - so I am printing those
head to foot. seems odd so If any good ideas please let me know.

Dennis

#33339 - 09/17/10 03:58 AM Re: Print shop mail printing issue - using Mac [Re: Dennis Lanfre]
Sander vd Berg Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune NL
It sounds like PSM doesn't know you're printing duplex.

In that case PSM will make no effort to keep certain layouts together. Assuming 'Front to Back' has the highest priority (the default setting), the sequence of layouts in the output will depend on the number of sheets, which in turn depends on the number of records.

It might help if you set Preferences > Repetition > Duplex Mode to 'Flip on Long Edge'. The default setting 'Based on driver settings' is not guaranteed to work because not all drivers actually let PSM know that they have been configured to print duplex.