Topic Options
#36596 - 07/11/11 08:31 AM tray selection
nonlinearly Offline
OL Newbie

Hi,
I have two layouts each assigned in different tray. But for each record I need to print twice (both in two trays-layouts).
In general how can I change the layout durring the records. For example 1 record to layout 1 second record to layout 2... Or how can I use 2 fields from a record to layout 1 and the other fields to layout 2 and print them in sequence?
thanks

#36598 - 07/11/11 11:10 AM Re: tray selection [Re: nonlinearly]
Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune Montreal
nonlinearly,

What you are trying to do, "Or how can I use 2 fields from a record to layout 1 and the other fields to layout 2", isn't doable with PrintShop Mail. PrintShop Mail uses one record per layouts, and the only way to display more that one record on a page is to use repetitions. However, repetitions applies to the entire document, and aren't specific to each layouts. In other words, you could setup your document to have 2 records on each layouts, but not 2 records on one layout, and more than 2 records on other layouts. It would also be the same 2 records on all the layouts.

Regards,
Raphaƫl Lalonde Lefebvre

#36601 - 07/12/11 04:24 AM Re: tray selection [Re: Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre]
nonlinearly Offline
OL Newbie

Ok sorry.. my fault... I will explain it more clearly... I have a job with 10.000 A4. I need to print in double (20.000). 10.000 in the first tray and 10.000 in the second tray. BUT alternately. The first page print to the first tray and then in the second tray. The second page the same and so on...

#36602 - 07/12/11 04:40 AM Re: tray selection [Re: Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre]
Sander vd Berg Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune NL
[EDIT: This was meant as a reply to Raphael's post]

It is possible to get different records on different layouts by using print conditions.

In the Layout menu, choose Edit Condition. The expression should evaluate to "Print" when the layout must be printed, or to "Skip" when the layout must be skipped.

For example, if you only want a layout to show "odd" record numbers:
IF (MOD(RECORD_NR(), 2) = 1, Print, Skip)

And if you only want a layout to show "even" record numbers:
IF (MOD(RECORD_NR(), 2) = 0, Print, Skip)

#36603 - 07/12/11 09:31 AM Re: tray selection [Re: Sander vd Berg]
nonlinearly Offline
OL Newbie

Ok I have just discoverd this but I have to make double records in the database. Each record must be twice (merged, 1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4 and so on). It is dangerous and it has some work.
But I found that when I export to postscript file (print to file option in the print dialog) in a postscript printer driver (Xerox Nuvera PS driver) there is no postscript command that relation with mediacolor (this printer distinguish trays from mediacolor option) while when I choose other options such as page size or print on both sides (Duplex) there is a reference:

featurebegin{
%%BeginFeature: *PageSize A3
% Note: The following size will be overridden by the output paper size (A3):
(<<) cvx exec /PageSize [595 842] /ImagingBBox null (>>) cvx exec setpagedevice
%%EndFeature
}featurecleanup

featurebegin{
%%BeginFeature: *Duplex DuplexNoTumble

%Intentionally null
%%EndFeature
}featurecleanup

Edited by nonlinearly (07/12/11 09:33 AM)