Topic Options
#36684 - 07/21/11 03:35 AM 1 form 2 anoto pens
cube Offline
OL User

Hi All

We have a requirement where one capture form needs to be inked with 2 different Anoto pens as per the requirements of the business process.

I was thinking of something like below :-

1 - Capture ready doc - Document A is printed through PP Production.
2 - Person A uses Pen A to write on the document A.
3 - Document A is passed onto person B, who writes on the document with his Pen B.
4 - Person B docks the pen.
5 - PP Production produces the inked document IA with the inks from both Pen A and pen B.

Is this achievable through PP Capture?, maybe the above process will need some modification?.

Basically the goal is to have inks from 2 different pens on the same form where any one of the pens when docked would produce a document with writings from both the pens.

Thanks

#36689 - 07/21/11 11:41 AM Re: 1 form 2 anoto pens [Re: cube]
Benoit Potvin
Unregistered

Hi,

Just some remarks:

- Person A will have to dock his/her pen also.

- Both pens will have to be registered in the PlanetPress Capture Pen License.

- I would suggest that both Capture fields in the document be defined as 'Mandatory' so that the document can only be closed if pen marks are present on both fields. As a corollary, the Workflow Process capturing and processing pen data should contain a 'Get Capture Document' plug-in set to 'Get closed documents only'. This would mean that when the first person (A or B) docks his pen, nothing will come out of the process since the document will still be open. Only when the second person (A or B) docks his pen will the process actually retrieve the closed document (with both signatures) for further processing.

- Of course, you should make sure that capture fields in the document are far enough from one another so that person A has no chance of accidentaly writing on the capture field where Person B should sign, and vice versa.

Hope this helps!

#36703 - 07/25/11 03:53 AM Re: 1 form 2 anoto pens [Re: ]
cube Offline
OL User

Hi Benoit,

It makes perfect sense i will test it out, thanks for your support!