IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

These forums were permanently set to read-only mode on July 20, 2022. From that day onwards, no new posting or comment is allowed on the site, but the historical content remains intact and searchable.

A new location for posting questions about PlanetPress Suite is now available:

OL Learn - PlanetPress Classic (opens in new tab)

Topic Options
#36805 - 08/05/11 02:05 AM PPImage not embedding the correct font
Roshan J Offline
OL User

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Hi,

I have a form that uses a PS Printer Single Byte Font (Helvetica-Narrow). The output sent to the printer uses the correct font, however the PDF output created via PPImage does not embed the correct font. It seems to substitute to a different font (NumbusSanL - which doesn't even exist in our system)

I've tried some of the solutions provided in previous posts to similar issues with no luck.

I've run few tests through PPDesign and if I preview the form using Distiller (PostScript Interpreter option set to System Default PostScript Interpreter), the PDF image uses the correct font. If I preview using the Internal Interpreter option, it uses the incorrect font.

PPWatch and PPImage is installed on a Windows7 32Bit system. The same form running under WindowsXP and PPImage V6 is working OK.

Any comments and/or suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Roshan J

#36808 - 08/05/11 11:48 AM Re: PPImage not embedding the correct font [Re: Roshan J]
Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune Montreal
Roshan,

Did you try upgrading to 7.3? There were known fonts issues in the previous versions of 7, and should be fixed in 7.3, so I'd suggest you try upgrading, and see if that helps.

Regards,
Raphaël Lalonde Lefebvre

#36843 - 08/10/11 02:34 AM Re: PPImage not embedding the correct font [Re: Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre]
Roshan J Offline
OL User

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Hi Raphael,

Sorry for the delayed response. I have upgraded from V7.2 to 7.3. This seems to have fixed the issue. PPImage is embedding the correct fonts.

Thanks for your help again.

Roshan