Topic Options
#37434 - 10/05/11 11:40 AM What is the difference?
Gina Godbey Offline
OL User

Loc: Hickory, NC USA
What is the difference between Print Using A Windows Driver and Printer Queue Output?

I'm having a licensing problem with one of my printers. It is an HP laserjet printer like others that we use. The printer properties are a little different than the other HP printers I set up.

#37435 - 10/05/11 12:23 PM Re: What is the difference? [Re: Gina Godbey]
Marc-André
Unregistered

Hi Gina,

Printing using a windows driver actually uses the installed windows driver. That means you can use the advanced features of the print driver directly from windows.

But you have to realise that the spool files will be larger.

Printer Queue Output - you are sending the stream directly to the printer bypassing the driver in either an Optimized PostScript stream(ripped on the PC) or in a Printer Centric stream(ripped on the printer direcntly)

Describe the issue that you are having and maybe we can help here.

Regards,

Marc

#37438 - 10/05/11 12:38 PM Re: What is the difference? [Re: ]
Gina Godbey Offline
OL User

Loc: Hickory, NC USA
Marc,
I did a license transfer on Sept. 29th. I did everything correctly but the license is still printing on the form. I'm wondering if somehow someway I have the printer setup incorrectly. Right now, either way printing the watermark shows.

Do you have any suggestions for me to try?

Thanks,
Gina

#37578 - 10/21/11 01:15 PM Re: What is the difference? [Re: Gina Godbey]
Benoit Potvin
Unregistered

Hi,

Since there are no more posts this problem may have been resolved internally. Anyways, here is one thing you could look at if you are still having this issue:

If you are using PlanetPress Design documents that are installed on the workflow (i.e. not on the printer), then you want to make sure that your documents's run mode is set to Optimized PostScript Stream.

Open PlanetPress Workflow configuration and double click on a document.ptk from the Configuration Components window (in the Documents folder). Click on the 'Printer Settings' tab and make sure the run mode is 'Optimized PostScript Stream'.

The 'Printer Centric' run mode will produce watermarks unless you print on an Objectif Lune Licensed printer.

Hope this helps!