Topic Options
#38275 - 01/16/12 12:26 PM Pen Information
SirScannell Offline
OL Newbie

Hi All,

I am trying to get additional information from the pen that I can use in my workflow. Ideally I am trying to get the Pen Information from the Anoto PenDirector or from within watch.

Any help would be great many thanks.

Regards
SS

#38276 - 01/16/12 03:49 PM Re: Pen Information [Re: SirScannell]
Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune Montreal
SirScannell,

There is no connectors to access this information, though some of it can be accessed through scripting using the Capture API.

You can find the reference on the Capture API here:
http://help.objectiflune.com/files/EN/capture-api/index.html

There's a couple things that you can get from there, such as functions to determine whether the pen is activated or not, and couple other things. Though I don't think all the information of the pen settings are available in there, some may not be accessible at all.

Regards,
Raphaël Lalonde Lefebvre

#38295 - 01/18/12 10:19 AM Re: Pen Information [Re: Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre]
SirScannell Offline
OL Newbie

Hi Raphael,

I have have looked at this documentation many times. I cant get my head around it, I can work out what data is available but how to put into practice not so sure. I don't expect for you to teach coding I am competent enough writing vbscript. and interacting with watch using the examples set out in the watch manual.

Have you got a sample bit of code that say extracts the pen serial.

Many thank

#38601 - 02/24/12 01:05 PM Re: Pen Information [Re: SirScannell]
Philippe F. Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune, Montreal, Qc
SirScannell,

Using the PP-Capture API, you cannot read the information from the pen that's currently docked. That information is managed by the Pen Director.

However, you can retrieve the pen's Serial Number from any PGC file received by a process. The following code assumes the current data file is the PGC, retrieves the Pen's Serial Number from the PGC and adds the information to the PlanetPress Workflow Log:
Code:
set oPGC = CreateObject("CaptureLib.PgcUtility")
oPGC.LoadFromFile Watch.GetJobFileName
Watch.Log "Pen Serial Number: " & oPGC.GetPenProperty(4), 4