IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

These forums will be permanently set to read-only mode on July 18, 2022. From that day on, no new posting or comment will be allowed on the site, but the historical content will remain intact and searchable.

Upland Objectif Lune is currently working on upgrading the forum infrastructure. Please check back here regularly for updated information.

Topic Options
#38318 - 01/19/12 07:11 PM Selling non-printed items
badenk Offline
OL Newbie

Loc: Australia
Hi,

I want to be able to sell non-printed items at the same time as I am selling print but can't work out how.

For example, when selling customised diaries I want to be able to over a range of pens to go with them.

I have tried a static document but it requires a doc upload. Is there any way to do what I want to do?

Ta

#38321 - 01/20/12 11:45 AM Re: Selling non-printed items [Re: badenk]
Pages
Unregistered

Hi,

Can you provide more details please ?

If I understand correctly, you would like to be able to add static data to a variable data document ?

Are you printing a sales flyer of some sort and would like to have some items show up on that form ?

Have you tried making a form and publishing it to PrintShopMail Web unsuccessfully ?

Please provide more details.
Regards,

#38322 - 01/20/12 12:06 PM Re: Selling non-printed items [Re: ]
Eric Lachance
Unregistered

Hi Ta,

If you mean selling physical items that have nothing to do with what PrintShop Mail Web can generate, I would steer clear of this. PrintShop Mail Web is not sold as a complete shopping cart solution, this is not support nor recommended.

I would suggest looking at the PrintShop Mail Web Integration Guide, to learn how to integrate PSMW into an external system instead. This would let a user make their order in PSMW and then be redirected to the external system, where you could automatically offer similar products, accessories, free items, etc.