Topic Options
#38762 - 03/09/12 10:53 PM Convert PDF to MultiPage TIF and Vicer Versa
John Bradford Offline
OL Toddler

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Hi, Group.

Looking for a way in PP 7.4 to convert PDF Files to MultiPage tif images, and also convert Multipage TIF images to PDF files. I have Professional with Image. I know there has to be a series of steps that will get this done.

I've looked at the Image Transform add-on, but it only outputs single page image files and won't do PDF files at all...

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

JHb

#38775 - 03/12/12 11:15 AM Re: Convert PDF to MultiPage TIF and Vicer Versa [Re: John Bradford]
cosimo Offline
OL Expert

Loc: montreal
Hi,

Since we support printing PDF's directly to a Windows Printer, the solution is to send a PDF to "Print Using a Windows driver" (PlanetPress Printer) then add an input from a Windows printer and output to PlanetPress Image that outputs to Tiff.
Tou output PDF's using Tiff's as input, you would have to use a PlanetPress document, use an image object which points to the Tiffs and then you can output PDF's.

PS. This is one way of doing this.

Hope this helps !
Cosimo

#38777 - 03/12/12 12:32 PM Re: Convert PDF to MultiPage TIF and Vicer Versa [Re: cosimo]
John Bradford Offline
OL Toddler

HI, Cosimo.

This is the process I am working on. Having some issues with the TIF to PDF process, but I'll work through those.

If anyone has other suggestions, please let me know.

JHB

#40896 - 10/02/12 11:13 AM Re: Convert PDF to MultiPage TIF and Vicer Versa [Re: John Bradford]
John Bradford Offline
OL Toddler

Hi, Group

I have been using the above process, but now I'm having another issue. It seems that, when I drop a PlanetPress produced PDF file in the folder to be converted, the Send to Printer (PlanetPress Printer) throws an error. However, when I drop an image based PDF in the input folder, it works fine...

Any ideas?

Thanks.

#40897 - 10/02/12 11:22 AM Re: Convert PDF to MultiPage TIF and Vicer Versa [Re: John Bradford]
Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune Montreal
John,

We would need to see your process, and the error message. I'd suggest that you open a technical support issue. You can either call 1-866-348-5863, or use the web form:

http://www.objectiflune.com/OL/en-CA/Support/ReportIssue/PlanetPressSuite.aspx

Regards,
Raphaƫl Lalonde Lefebvre

#40901 - 10/02/12 12:34 PM Re: Convert PDF to MultiPage TIF and Vicer Versa [Re: Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre]
Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune Montreal
A support issue was opened for the new problem that arised, and it was ressolved by changing the approach a bit. We've made a "pdf runner" form(just a simple form that uses pdf emulation and displays the pages in background), and then we've used a simple Folder Capture, followed by a Digital Action that uses the pdf runnner form, and outputs TIFF files. That's basically it, and it worked.