Topic Options
#39574 - 05/15/12 09:31 PM OpenXSLT results different on two machines
andrew.sewell Offline
OL Newbie

Loc: New Zealand
Hi team,

background: With exactly the same XML data and XSLT transformer...
Development machine (running PP Watch v7.4.0.6912) OpenXSLT step produces correctly-formatted dates
Code:
05 March 2012
but production machine (running PP Watch v7.2.4.6025) OpenXSLT produces (slightly) incorrectly-formatted dates
Code:
05 3 2012

We want production machine producing correct output. BTW: with an off-board XML processor (AltovaXML), transformation is correct.

So, how can I ensure PP Watch uses a successful XML Processor to produce correct output?
Can I specify which XML Processor is used by PP Watch?
Will updating the older version of PP Watch banish the problem? (that's an obvious thing to try)

TIA, Andrew

#39575 - 05/16/12 07:53 AM Re: OpenXSLT results different on two machines [Re: andrew.sewell]
Philippe F. Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune, Montreal, Qc
Andrew,

Updating to the latest version is always a good idea. Especially since 7.4 has receieved a number of performance and memory management improvements (along with the usual lot of new features).

But in this instance, it may not fix your issue. You should double-check both systems' Regional Settings to see what Date Format is defined in there. You have to check the default settings as well as any custom settings that may have been specified for the User Accounts used for running the PP-Workflow services.

#39606 - 05/20/12 08:51 PM Re: OpenXSLT results different on two machines [Re: Philippe F.]
andrew.sewell Offline
OL Newbie

Loc: New Zealand
Thanks for your advice, Philippe. And so quick, too.

We ran the upgrade and now the XSLT processing works as intended. I'm guessing the upgrade improved the XML processor part of PP Watch. Nice work, OL.