Topic Options
#39756 - 06/05/12 08:57 AM On error : behaviours
Alain B Offline
OL Guru

Loc: Montreal
Hi I just found that the on error have been changed
Is there a way to set default to Ignore?

Before We had : Send to process and in action we had : Ignore, Stop Branch, or Stop process

Now with the new version we have Send to process and in action we have, Default, Stop Branch or stop process

The problem is that we catch the error in a variable so on error we ignored it then took action following the error

Now with the new version it stop completly

See the log
DEBUG: Starting plugin Set Job Infos and Variables - 20:02:40
DEBUG: Value: c:/planetpress/planetpress_scripts/ppw_rename_attachment.pl "%{attfilename}" "608A"
ERROR: W3001 : Error while executing plugin: Variable "attfilename" does not exist
ERROR: Set Job Infos and Variables: W1603 : Plugin failed - 20:02:40

DEBUG: W1602 : Stopping execution of process

#39757 - 06/05/12 09:23 AM Re: On error : behaviours [Re: Alain B]
Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune Montreal
Alain,

I've just tested this quickly, and "Default" appears to do the same thing as "Ignore". It errors out, but continues to execute the rest of the tasks. So maybe you can try using "Default", and it should do the same thing. Sounds like they just changed the label, but it's the same option.

Regards,
Raphaël Lalonde Lefebvre

#39758 - 06/05/12 09:25 AM Re: On error : behaviours [Re: Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre]
Alain B Offline
OL Guru

The problem is it stopped
DEBUG: W1602 : Stopping execution of process

#39760 - 06/05/12 09:39 AM Re: On error : behaviours [Re: Alain B]
OL Expert

Did you double-check that it is really set to "Default" and not "Stop Process"?

If it's set to Default, have you checked the process' default On Error settings, and is it set to Stop Process? If so, have you tried switching it to Default as well?

#39762 - 06/05/12 10:01 AM Re: On error : behaviours [Re: Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre]
Alain B Offline
OL Guru

Im not sure tu understand, too much checked default I only know one place where it have a radio button saying default, stop branck, stop process

the only thing who is set is action = default everything else is blanks

Maybe because the error is "variable not found"

#39764 - 06/05/12 10:18 AM Re: On error : behaviours [Re: Alain B]
OL Expert

Alain,

I've just reproduced a "Variable not found" error in a Set Job Info and Variables action, just like your process, with the On Error set to Default. It doesn't stop the process. It reports the error in the log, but continues down with the other actions.

Have you tried to reproduce this consistently? For example, if you run your process in debug and force an error to occur, does it stops after the error, despite being set to Default? (note that I've tested it both in Debug and in Service, and I get the same behaviour)

If it's something that was made in a previous version, perhaps you can try going back to the On Error, reselect the radio button "Default", then click OK to refresh the Set Job Info and Variables? Or maybe recreate it altogether. Then resend your config, and try it again.

Regards,
Raphaël Lalonde Lefebvre

#39778 - 06/05/12 02:52 PM Re: On error : behaviours [Re: Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre]
Alain B Offline
OL Guru

Hi Raphael, I did what you said, checked exit sub then default then I resubmit and it worked so I dont know what happened...