IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

These forums were permanently set to read-only mode on July 20, 2022. From that day onwards, no new posting or comment is allowed on the site, but the historical content remains intact and searchable.

A new location for posting questions about PlanetPress Suite is now available:

OL Learn - PlanetPress Classic (opens in new tab)

Topic Options
#39844 - 06/14/12 09:55 AM Color matching issue
Kevin Fay Offline
OL Newbie

Loc: Alexandria, VA
I am producing some PDFs in 2 different pieces of software, one of which is PlanetPress Image. My issue is that the color of the variable text is not matching between the 2. Specifically, black text is not matching. Four-color text seems to be matching fine.

The original PDFs that I am using, as static backgrounds, are CMYK, and the text throughout the document is 80% K. When I use Pitstop to view the color of the original PDF the text is 0/0/0/80.

When I view the output of variable text from the other software I am using, the text is 80% K.....0/0/0/80.

When I view the output of variable text from PlanetPress Image, the text is 20% Gray. The output is darker than the rest of the document. I have the Color Picker set to 0/0/0/80 and UCR checked. I tried it unchecked and it offered no difference.

Any suggestions on how I can get these colors to match up?

I am using Production 7.2.4. I have the Job Options for Image set to High Quality.

#39852 - 06/14/12 03:02 PM Re: Color matching issue [Re: Kevin Fay]
Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune Montreal
Kevin,

Instead of "High Quality" for the Job Options, try maybe using "PDF/A-1b:2005 (CMYK)". PDF/A should preserve the color spaces correctly.

Regards,
Raphaël Lalonde Lefebvre