Topic Options
#40675 - 09/17/12 11:27 AM Unqiue Data from Column
ampoole Offline
OL Newbie

Loc: Appleton, WI
Question... I have files split and am combining them back together. In each file is a list of documents, qty to print, order number. Based on each file, am I able to set variables to each of the unique document names so that I can add a line to the beginning of the file that contains the unique names?

Thank you,

Amanda

#40676 - 09/17/12 12:55 PM Re: Unqiue Data from Column [Re: ampoole]
Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune Montreal
Amanda,

I am not 100% sure what you are trying to do, but from what I understand, you want to store the file's name, so you can later add it into the file.

Well, you could probably capture the file, then simply use an Add/Remove Text action to add a line at the beginning of the file, and then you could put some static text, followed by a variable. For example:

Document: %f

Which will put the line "Document: " followed by the current job name. You could instead use %o to get the original file name(probably much more meaningful, as %f will often give you jobXXXXXX.dat), or make up your own file name. You can use the same variables in the name when you output your file, so that the line you add actually match the file's name.

That's how I see it... Let me know if you have more questions, or if I misunderstood your question.

Regards,
Raphaël Lalonde Lefebvre

#40678 - 09/17/12 02:23 PM Re: Unqiue Data from Column [Re: Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre]
ampoole Offline
OL Newbie

Loc: Appleton, WI
Let's see if I can explain this better... I have a file that I am splitting on orders than printing a seperator sheet. Each order could have multiple differnt documents in it. Sample below...

New Order
1 Document 1
1 Document 2
1 Document 3
New Order
2 Document 1
New Order
3 Document 1
3 Document 2

On my New Order Sheet I would like to list all of the documents that are in that packet.

#40694 - 09/18/12 01:03 PM Re: Unqiue Data from Column [Re: ampoole]
Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune Montreal
Amanda,

I think we'll need to have a closer look at your data to properly understand what you need, and how we can accomplish. Therefore, I suggest that you open a technical support issue. You can go to our main web page and go to Services->Support->Report an Issue, or call 1-866-348-5863 and ask for technical support.

Regards,
Raphaël Lalonde Lefebvre