Topic Options
#43555 - 05/17/13 12:37 PM PP Workflow deployment
Steven.Hsiung Offline
OL Newbie

Hi,

How do we correctly deploy PP workflows from a development environment to a production server?

Thanks

#43559 - 05/18/13 01:02 PM Re: PP Workflow deployment [Re: Steven.Hsiung]
Philippe F. Online   content
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune, Montreal, Qc
You first have to send your documents to the Production server from PlanetPress Design.

Then, once you're satisfied your workflows are correct on your development server, you use the Send Configuration | Send Remote option in PlanetPress Workflow's application menu to send all workflows to the Production server. This will immediately make this new configuration active on the Production server.

If you are not absolutely certain both environments match and you want to double check the new workflows on the Production server before making them active, then instead of sending the configuration from the Development environment, you should save it to a file, copy that file to some location on the Production server, and use the PlanetPress Workflow configuration tool on that server to open the file so you can double check the workflows.