Topic Options
#44630 - 08/09/13 04:07 PM Out of Memory Error
Rick J Offline
OL Toddler

Loc: Green Bay, WI
I have planetpress capture set up and working for a customer of mine. Everything works great for about a week then not so good. I am getting out of memory errors in the planetpress logs and when I look the ppwatchservice and pp messenger service are using about 2 gigs each for memory. I restart those 2 services and everything goes back to normal. I am at the latest version 7.5.2.772 - Any ideas? OS is a virtual server 2008r2 sp1 64 bit with 8 gigs of memory.

Regards,

Rick Jungles

#44632 - 08/12/13 08:26 AM Re: Out of Memory Error [Re: Rick J]
Philippe F. Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune, Montreal, Qc
We have been made aware of potential memory issues with the PP-Capture libraries. We are working on pinpointing the exact source of the issue and implementing a fix.

In the meantime, you should make sure you stop/restart your services every so often. Depending on the volume of jobs, you may have to do this every week of every other day. You could even implement an automated process to stop/start PPMessenger (by calling the Net START/STOP command as an external program) and having it run in the middle of the night, or whenever the system isn't busy.