Topic Options
#45285 - 10/29/13 02:48 PM New to Barcode "Tool"
filewizard25 Offline
OL Newbie

Loc: Nebraska
Hi all! I've been using PrintShop Mail for awhile now but the only barcodes we've used has been for mailing purposes and it's just a font I select. Now we need to offer other barcodes (this one specifically is for sports tickets. This job calls for a 2 of 5 Interleaved barcode.
So, I have my Excel file with my barcode numbers (comes from the client) and I have written the code in Print Shop mail that seems to be what I want:
ITF("Column of barcode #s from my Excel list", False)
It seems happy but when I go back to my document it's just a blank space. I'm sure I'm missing a step somewhere.

#45299 - 10/30/13 02:24 PM Re: New to Barcode "Tool" [Re: filewizard25]
Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune Montreal
filewizard25,

Actually, using the barcode object, you don't need to use the "ITF" command, this one is there for compatibility purposes with older versions that used fonts instead of the barcode object. For the object, all you need is the value of the field from Excel, you don't need the ITF command.

Regards,
Raphaƫl Lalonde Lefebvre

#45303 - 10/30/13 04:01 PM Re: New to Barcode "Tool" [Re: filewizard25]
filewizard25 Offline
OL Newbie

Loc: Nebraska
I figured this out right as you responded to me. Thank you. I swear some of the Print Shop Mail printed instructions must have been translated from some other language..they never seem to work for me. Thankfully I found a youtube video that explained it and it was very easy at that point.