Topic Options
#50668 - 01/23/15 04:23 PM Page Setup with Multiple Layouts
Randy Offline
OL Newbie

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
I recently upgraded to PSM V7. Old version let me identify different paper trays and set different layouts to specific trays within Page Setup. With V7, the settings no longer stick. After I set a tray to a layout and switch to another layout and set that layout to a different paper tray, it unsets the previous layout's tray setting. I am using "Apply to Selected layout", but it has no effect.
Example: Layout#1 is set to Plain Paper. Layout#2 is set to Color Paper. If I go back to Layout#1, it shows it set to Color paper, not Plain Paper.

#50676 - 01/26/15 04:41 PM Re: Page Setup with Multiple Layouts [Re: Randy]
Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune Montreal
Hi Randy,

Do be careful about selecting what you apply the page setups to. If you select it wrong on one layout and apply it to everything, it will overwrite every layouts.

Otherwise, have you tried more than one printer driver? Does this problem happens with all drivers? Try different drivers, or maybe reinstalling the driver/recreating the printer queue, and see if it works better. If it's a network printer queue, try maybe creating a local queue that point to the printer's IP instead, and see if that works better.

If all fails, then I would suggest that you contact Technical Support. They have encountered similar problems before, and should be able to assist you. You may call 1-866-348-5863 to place a support call, or use the web site:

http://printshopmail.objectiflune.com/en/resources

Regards,
Raphaƫl Lalonde Lefebvre

#50733 - 02/02/15 03:36 PM Re: Page Setup with Multiple Layouts [Re: Randy]
Randy Offline
OL Newbie

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
Raphael, Thanks for reply.
I was initially concerned as we were forced to upgrade to V7 after we had a major hardware upgrade (Server & Desktops). We upgraded from XP to MS V7 and our PSMD v6 no longer worked.

The first thing I noticed was that the printer tray definitions within Page Setup did not match the printer. This turned out to be a printer driver issue with older printers that we did not upgrade. We did figure this to be a driver issue.

As a result, we did purchase a new printer, to which the definitions do match using its supplied driver. Unfortunately the initial problem still persists. I still cannot set a definition when using multiple paper trays.

Coincidently (?) the post just above mine seems to have the same problem.

I do agree that technical support may be my next step.

Thanks,
Randy