Hello,

Not sure if this belongs in the Design forum or this one. Please forgive me if I've posted here by mistake.

I have pdfs that I need to print x number of times. Could be anywhere from 1 to many thousand copies of the same pdf. I am currently setting the copies using this line in the PressTalk of the Design document:

passthrough('<</Collate true /NumCopies 5 >> setpagedevice')

That is working for me. I only have to send the actual number of pdf pages to the printer, and specify my copy count, instead of sending (pdf pages x copy count) for a potentially much larger print file.

That's the background, here is my current issue...

I am now being asked to create a cover sheet for each of these print jobs, and I'm not sure how to make that happen. Can I create my job like I have been, and still append a cover sheet to the job in PP Workflow? Would using a PostScript attachment in the Designer work like I want it to?

These jobs all end up on a Xerox production printer, and are queued for an operator to release to print. Creating a separate cover page to send to the printer first is not a real good option for me, because the operator would then have to match the cover page to it's print job(they can have 100 or so jobs queued at any given time).

If I have to produce the entire job in a design document, and forgo the NumCopies line, then I guess that's what I'll have to do. I'm just hoping that there is a better, more efficient way to accomplish this.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Matt