Topic Options
#53402 - 05/03/16 06:02 PM Capturing Watch Log Error Messages
BBussey Offline
OL Toddler

I have an email-error process that sends emails notifications to IT personnel when other processes fail. The process name, the name and type of action that encountered the error, and the task index are all available in %{error.xxxx} variables. Is there any way to trap the actual error code and message that is written to the Watch log in bold red? It would be nice to be able to include that information as well in the email.

#53404 - 05/03/16 09:15 PM Re: Capturing Watch Log Error Messages [Re: BBussey]
Philippe F. Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune, Montreal, Qc
Unfortunately not. Only the custom Error ID and Message are sent to the On Error process.
But your suggestion makes a lot of sense. I will add it to our backlog. No promises, but it may find its way into a future version of the application.

#55973 - 05/14/18 08:15 PM Re: Capturing Watch Log Error Messages [Re: Philippe F.]
Kels Offline
OL Toddler

That'
Originally Posted By: Philippe F.
Unfortunately not. Only the custom Error ID and Message are sent to the On Error process.
But your suggestion makes a lot of sense. I will add it to our backlog. No promises, but it may find its way into a future version of the application.

I wanted to follow up on this. I understand if this never got baked into the original product. However, I was wondering if there were any third party plug-ins that could do the job? I would like to be able to capture the service console error logs since they are verbose.

Thanks in advance!