Topic Options
#54291 - 12/06/16 01:36 PM Ability to Capture System Errors in Variables
Godwin Offline
OL Toddler

Currently someone has to look thru the log file to find out the exact error what happened. It is not an easier task especially when the Log File has huge amount of data.
It would be a useful feature if the System errors can be captured in some predefined variables which then can be used in email alerts. This way the team which is supporting the application can look at email alert to determine the severity of the Error.

#54295 - 12/06/16 06:43 PM Re: Ability to Capture System Errors in Variables [Re: Godwin]
Philippe F. Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune, Montreal, Qc
That's what the On Error processes are for.
See this online help page for more information

#54306 - 12/09/16 06:56 PM Re: Ability to Capture System Errors in Variables [Re: Godwin]
Godwin Offline
OL Toddler

On Error lets us capture only error messages what is defined by the User. Is there a way to capture Errors like shown below in Variables? These appears only in the Log.

W1074: Error Occured while replicating process: Thread creation error: Not enough storage is available to process this command

#54315 - 12/10/16 06:02 AM Re: Ability to Capture System Errors in Variables [Re: Godwin]
Philippe F. Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune, Montreal, Qc
Oh I see what you mean. Yes, indeed, this would be a nice feature. I will add it to our database.