Topic Options
#54854 - 04/26/17 12:13 PM A Call to OS Function Failed Error
Alikeware Offline
OL Newbie

Loc: USA, Maryland
I am getting the following error when receiving an HTTP POST into PPress Office:

W3001: Error while executing plugin: A call to an OS function failed

The problem is I cannot get any data from the POST. Where can I find the data that came in so I can troubleshoot the issue? What could also be responsible for this error? I have other HTTP POSTS coming to the same HTTP Input without any issues.

Thanks,

Alberto

#54855 - 04/26/17 12:27 PM Re: A Call to OS Function Failed Error [Re: Alikeware]
Jean-Cédric Online   content
OL Expert

Loc: Québec, Canada
Can you reproduce this at will?
I would definitly look into Windows Event viewer because of the " A call to an OS function failed".

#54859 - 04/26/17 01:43 PM Re: A Call to OS Function Failed Error [Re: Alikeware]
Alikeware Offline
OL Newbie

Thanks Jean...

I looked into the Event Viewer and there is nothing reported there. I am still at loss here...

#54867 - 04/27/17 10:28 AM Re: A Call to OS Function Failed Error [Re: Alikeware]
Philippe F. Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune, Montreal, Qc
I have a feeling this may be due to null characters being embedded in the HTTP Request. This could create issues when the HTTP Server is attempting to write the request to a file before passing it on to the Workflow process.

Another - albeit remote - possibility is that the request contains too much data (i.e. more than 2GB).

Have you been able to replicate the issue?

#54868 - 04/27/17 11:07 AM Re: A Call to OS Function Failed Error [Re: Alikeware]
Alikeware Offline
OL Newbie

Thanks Philippe...

I tried saving the backup of the data coming in but nothing. It happens all the time. I have a customer trying to submit that data. Here is a link to a screen shot with a complete error description:

http://portal.linemark.com/downloads/error/OScallfail.png

Thanks...

#54874 - 04/28/17 01:47 PM Re: A Call to OS Function Failed Error [Re: Alikeware]
Philippe F. Offline
OL Expert

I think at this stage you'll have to ask your customer to zip the file and send it via email (or some other means) to investigate its content.

When you say "it happens all the time", is it safe to assume you mean to say it happens every time this single customer tries to send that specific file? Meaning that other files - or other customers - have no submission issue?

If that's the case then you should open a ticket with our Support team so they can take a look at the file.

Conversely - though you haven't mentioned how customers submit their jobs - if none of them are submitted properly, then I'd certainly suspect the submission process itself.

#54875 - 04/28/17 01:57 PM Re: A Call to OS Function Failed Error [Re: Alikeware]
Alikeware Offline
OL Newbie

Philippe...

All other customers that I have POSTing data to PPOffice does not have that kind of issue, but this customer. With that being said, today the customer, which is using Rubi on Rails libraries to post the data, changed the submission process to attach the XML file to the POST and it worked like a charm.

Thanks for your help.

Have a great weekend.

#54879 - 04/28/17 04:15 PM Re: A Call to OS Function Failed Error [Re: Alikeware]
Philippe F. Offline
OL Expert

Glad you worked it out. I would surmise that they were specifying an incorrect content-type when submitting the file.