Topic Options
#55166 - 08/15/17 02:26 PM Matching a document then send to printer
Arch1 Offline
OL Expert

Loc: michigan
Hello, I have an email workflow that is compiling Backorder Packing slips in PDF form in a directory.
Once the orders are available, I am sending another Pdf file from my Iseries, and I want match to the PDF via concatenation.
I have done that successfully, but now I want to release that concatenated file to a printer. Is it possible to do that as the concatenated files are sitting in a common directory of other Backorder Pdf files waiting for their eventual match.

Thanks Dan

#55167 - 08/15/17 02:41 PM Re: Matching a document then send to printer [Re: Arch1]
Jean-Cédric Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Québec, Canada
You need to set up a process that grabs the file from your ISeries and do a send to folder (as an Action) while using the concatenation.

Next in that process you do a Folder Capture looking at the folder where the concatenation has happened using a file mask with %o.

And you send that to a printer.

#55168 - 08/15/17 03:44 PM Re: Matching a document then send to printer [Re: Arch1]
Arch1 Offline
OL Expert

Loc: michigan
That did not appear to work.
o% is greyed out if you try selecting that from Job variables.
I typed it in manually, but it did not work.

thanks ,Dan

#55174 - 08/16/17 12:07 PM Re: Matching a document then send to printer [Re: Arch1]
Philippe F. Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune, Montreal, Qc
You can't use %o (the original file name) in a Folder Capture because that variable is being overwritten by that same task (which kinda makes sense!).

Just add a Set Job Infos and Variables task immediately before this Folder Capture task, and use it store %o in a local variable. Then specify that variable name in the Folder Capture task.