Topic Options
#55363 - 09/29/17 02:22 PM Folder Capture Not Processing All Files In Folder
rjewer Offline
OL Newbie

Loc: Gardner, MA USA
Hello Everyone, PlanetPress Production v7.6.x newbie here, first week on the job. Looking for help or a nudge in the right direction on this current ongoing issue at the shop. I just dropped 150 files into a folder being watched by a PP Folder Capture process. The first 71 files processed just fine, however, the remaining 79 files never processed and disappeared out of the folder. I have to go into the process properties and click OK, without changing anything, click on save configuration and then restart the processes. I can now re-drop the remaining 79 files and continue on. This problem is daily and the number of files changes. This happens once every day around the same time. Not sure if it is a setting or problem with PP or something is amiss with our LAN. Any ideas? I'm also not at the point yet where I can find errors in PP, no training as of yet, just reading the manuals. Thanks a million, RJ

Edited by rjewer (09/29/17 02:28 PM)

#55364 - 09/29/17 02:28 PM Re: Folder Capture Not Processing All Files In Folder [Re: rjewer]
Jean-Cédric Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Québec, Canada
It would be best to open a technical support call as MANY variables could be responsible for the behavior your having.

Contact us at 1-866-348-5863 or through our website.

#55365 - 10/02/17 08:37 AM Re: Folder Capture Not Processing All Files In Folder [Re: rjewer]
Philippe F. Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune, Montreal, Qc
I believe the critical piece of information in the initial post is that the issue "happens once every day around the same time".

This points to an external factor like an antivirus scan or a backup process kicking in and locking files for a certain period of time.

#55434 - 10/26/17 03:31 PM Re: Folder Capture Not Processing All Files In Folder [Re: rjewer]
rjewer Offline
OL Newbie

Loc: Gardner, MA USA
Been working with OL tech support on this. We did look at AV and think that could be the culprit but fighting with IT on deactivating it for a thorough test. Also looking at changing the PS driver with the PCL as time permits to see if this helps.