Topic Options
#55393 - 10/13/17 03:29 PM XML Output Issue
DChristensen Offline
OL Newbie

Running into a problem when trying to convert a file to XML. I have the workflow setup so that the TXT input file is ran through our data mapper which extracts a few metadata fields. If I "Send To Folder" with the filename %{Filename}.txt it creates a TXT file that resembles a good XML file:
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<datamining><record>
<_vger_record_id>708364</_vger_record_id>
<SO#>00032-0000000053</SO#>
</record>
</datamining>
Once I change the filename to %{Filename}.xml it is only creating a file with just the _vger_record_id # without any tags:
Is there a setting that needs to be changed that will allow a proper XML file to be created? I have even tried to Change Emulation>XML with no success. Has anyone ran into an issue like this and has an idea how to fix it?

Looking at one of our other projects, the XML conversion works fine. Is there some setting within the Datamapper that I am not aware of?

Edited by DChristensen (10/13/17 03:29 PM)

#55394 - 10/13/17 03:59 PM Re: XML Output Issue [Re: DChristensen]
Philippe F. Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune, Montreal, Qc
This is a PlanetPress Connect question that should be posted in the Connect Forum (https://learn.objectiflune.com/qa/index.php?qa=planetpress-connect).

You should also be more specific with the information about your process: what file exactly are you sending to your destination folder? What Output Type option did you select in the Execute Data Mapping task?

Finally, note that the file extension you specify in the Send To Folder task has absolutely no bearing on the contents of the file itself.