Topic Options
#55395 - 10/17/17 04:09 PM Printer Queue Output and PDF processing
Ken M. Offline
OL Newbie

Loc: NH, USA
I am looking for some general info on how the Printer Queue Output module works with PDF files. I have a workflow that creates a PDF that is a combination of different documents. This goes through multiple revolutions as it builds the final PDF which then is sent to a Printer via the Printer Queue Output. What I've noticed is that it appears to 'rip apart' the PDF when sending it to the spooler via the PQO and it always slows down on a large document within the PDF when going to one printer type, but not another, on this one it just builds slowly. On the type of printer (Lexmark) that slows down on the large document I've tried setting up the spooler to send directly to printer or send to printer after last page is spooled, but they all work the same at the printer...it hesitates as it waits for the build of that large document in the PDF.
If I open the PDF directly in Adobe and print it, I don't have this speed/hesitation issue.

#55405 - 10/20/17 10:34 AM Re: Printer Queue Output and PDF processing [Re: Ken M.]
Jean-Cédric Online   content
OL Expert

Loc: Québec, Canada
If your printer can print PDF natively, have you tried setting up your PQO to use LPR?

#55408 - 10/20/17 04:08 PM Re: Printer Queue Output and PDF processing [Re: Ken M.]
Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune Montreal
Or maybe you could also try the "Print Using a Windows Driver" feature, as this would be pretty close to printing from Acrobat, since printing from Acrobat uses a windows queue. You could try that, and see if it works better.

#55410 - 10/20/17 04:32 PM Re: Printer Queue Output and PDF processing [Re: Ken M.]
Ken M. Offline
OL Newbie

Loc: NH, USA
One thing I didn't catch when I did my print from Adobe the first time is that it didn't pull from the correct trays. This print job pulls from up to 4 different trays depending on the print job and printing directly from the Adobe software didn't do that correctly.

Sorry for missing this important piece of info.