Topic Options
#55433 - 10/26/17 03:28 PM Print some pages in color and others in greyscale
rjewer Offline
OL Newbie

Loc: Gardner, MA USA
Hello. Using PlanetPress Production 7, is there a way it can take pre-composed color PDF files as input and print the first 10 pages in color but print whatever the remaining number of pages are in greyscale? Not looking to split pages among multiple output devices but send entire file to single color printer. Thank you!

#55445 - 11/02/17 09:57 AM Re: Print some pages in color and others in greyscale [Re: rjewer]
Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune Montreal
Hi rjewer,

Unfortunately, the color level will apply to the entire job, it isn't possible to conditionally switch this. Splitting the job would have been a workaround, but you won't be able to build a single job with color switching.

Regards,
Raphaël Lalonde-Lefebvre

#55452 - 11/03/17 12:10 PM Re: Print some pages in color and others in greyscale [Re: rjewer]
rjewer Offline
OL Newbie

Thank you Raphael!

What would be the best way to only print certain pages from a PDF document? Can I set up PP7, somehow, to print page 1, skip the next 9 pages and then print the remainder of the document? How is this best achieved?

Best,
rjewer

#55454 - 11/03/17 12:33 PM Re: Print some pages in color and others in greyscale [Re: rjewer]
Jean-Cédric Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Québec, Canada
Simply set-up a condition in your document that would be Page-based. This would allow you to print only the pages you want.

#55455 - 11/03/17 01:05 PM Re: Print some pages in color and others in greyscale [Re: rjewer]
Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune Montreal
Hi rjewer,

A simple setup would be to use the &current.datapage variable, which returns the current datapage that you're on. You load your PDF as the data file, then in your page's basic attributes(just double-click on the page), in the Condition field, you put the condition:

=(&current.datapage = 1) or (&current.datapage >= 10)

With this, it will only print the page if it's a page 1, or if it's page 10 or higher, thus skipping pages 2 to 9. Feel free to adjust the numbers according to your needs.

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Raphaël Lalonde-Lefebvre

#55457 - 11/03/17 01:17 PM Re: Print some pages in color and others in greyscale [Re: rjewer]
rjewer Offline
OL Newbie

There is no data is this particular process. We are only dropping pdf files into a folder watched by PP. PP then prints each file to the output device. I'm still waiting on getting my PP7 training but the owner is asking me how to do this now.

Edited by rjewer (11/03/17 01:18 PM)
Edit Reason: add info

#55459 - 11/03/17 04:53 PM Re: Print some pages in color and others in greyscale [Re: rjewer]
rjewer Offline
OL Newbie

AH, light has shown through yonder window. I now understand what you were saying Raphael. I have it working now, thanks a million. I really appreciate everyone's help! Now I just need to finish watching all those training videos : )