Topic Options
#55506 - 11/28/17 06:32 PM Color pdf not working? What am I missing?
danshermankazoo Offline
OL Newbie

Loc: Michigan USA
I have a color jpg in the background of my Design document. I send it to my Watch/Workflow. It outputs as grayscale. I have checked all the settings and nothing says to convert it to grayscale. I feel like a putz. What am I missing?

#55509 - 11/30/17 09:27 AM Re: Color pdf not working? What am I missing? [Re: danshermankazoo]
Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune Montreal
Hi danshermankazoo,

In your PlanetPress document, in the document's properties(double-click on your document's name in the Document Structure), you should find "Resource options", in which there is an option to convert images to monochrome. The default choice is "PPD", which makes it PPD-dependant, but try setting it to "never", and see if that makes a difference. You'll have to resend the document to Workflow, and you might also want to reimport the images in your document after changing the option, just to be sure.

Also, what are you using to generate your output in Workflow? If you're using Create PDF, it should not convert to grayscale. If you're using Digital action/Image, some output types allows you to generate grayscale outputs, though "PDF File" shouldn't, so make sure you're using that. (or if you want to output to something other than PDF, then make sure the "Color Depth" is set to color)

Let us know what you find!

Regards,
Raphaƫl Lalonde-Lefebvre