Topic Options
#55634 - 01/23/18 02:46 PM PDF Splitter
Wladson Offline
OL Newbie

Hi, I'm trying to make a stream where from a pdf file containing several commands I can divide them in order to get a file by command. I tried to do this in two ways (A and B)

A)
1-I used the data capture and created a printer;
2-the pdf was represented by a picture object and then sent to PP Suite Workflow
3-in Workflow, I added the WinQueue object and selected the printer created in step 1
4-I added the PDF Splitter object with the "Splitt PDF file on a word" method, I selected "on region content change" and I selected the number of the invoice using the button Get
5-I added the PlanetPress Image object, I selected the document created in step 2 and I put the filename as GetDataLocation of the invoice number plus the letter A.
6-I set the above values ​​in debug mode, after this I tested and it worked correctly
7-I used the SendLocal Workflow option and did a test to print the file on the printer created in step 1
8-The file is created in its entirety, without realizing the division and also is not created with the desired name, it can not capture the number of the invoice.
9-Without success, I chose to try method B

B)
1-I used the data capture and created an printer;
2-the pdf was represented by a picture object and then sent to the PP Suite Workflow
3-in Workflow, I added the WinQueue object and selected the printer created in step 1
4-I added the PDF Splitter object with the "Splitt PDF file on a word" method, I selected "on region content change" and I selected the number of the invoice using the button Get
5-I added the CreateMetadata object and selected the document created in step 2
6-I added the Metadata Level Creative object and defined the region with the invoice number using the GetDataLocation
7-I added the Metadata Fields Management object and added a field with the invoice number and added GetDataLocation to set the value of the field (region).
8-I set the above values ​​in debug mode, after this I tested and it worked correctly
7-I used the SendLocal Workflow option and did a test to print the file on the printer created in step 1
8-The file is created in its entirety, without realizing the division and also is not created with the desired name, it can not capture the number of the invoice.

I'm certainly doing something wrong, but after several attempts I
can not figure out the cause of the problem.

Any idea ?

Edited by Wladson (01/23/18 02:47 PM)
Edit Reason: writing correction

#55635 - 01/23/18 03:00 PM Re: PDF Splitter [Re: Wladson]
Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune Montreal
Hi Wladson,

It sounds like your setup works when you test it in debug, but not when you run it live. When this happens, this can often be caused by user credentials issues with the user assigned to the service, so the first thing I would check is to make sure your Workflow services have a proper user with admin rights assigned to it. Go to the menu Tools->Configure Services, then uncheck "Local System account", and enter a proper username that has local admin rights, as well as read & write permissions to whatever network device or shared drive that you're using. Once that's done, restart the services, and see if that helps.

If it doesn't, then it might be something in your configuration, and it would be best to call Technical Support and have one of their technician assist you with this.

Regards,
Raphaël Lalonde-Lefebvre

#55637 - 01/23/18 04:08 PM Re: PDF Splitter [Re: Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre]
Wladson Offline
OL Newbie

Hi Raphaël,

You remembered well, the credentials were not correct, but unfortunately that was not enough to get a different result. As guidance, I'm contacting the technical support and will update the topic after finding the solution.

Thank's for your time smile

Wladson

#55645 - 01/25/18 03:25 PM Re: PDF Splitter [Re: Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre]
Wladson Offline
OL Newbie

Hello, I did an installation of my server and planetpress observing the configuration of the account. Now everything seems to work fine, thank you !!