Topic Options
#55671 - 02/05/18 06:00 PM Add Watermark to PS output in Workflow
ricks Offline
OL User

Loc: Seattle
We have a large number of jobs we produce that have a "sample set" we print where the string "smpl" is in the file name we submit to make a sample PS file to print and add to our job-log notes.

Option 1 would be to add a watermark object to each design and somehow call that overlay when the "smpl" string is seen in the input file name for that work.

A better approach would be to add it somehow to the Workflow so that EVERY job we process on the workflow that has "smpl" in the input file would add the watermark. Then we don't need to update hundreds of Designs. This seems like an easy task (Maybe?) if we are doing PDF's but how to handle it if we want PS output.

Thoughts are appreciated.

#55679 - 02/07/18 07:48 AM Re: Add Watermark to PS output in Workflow [Re: ricks]
Philippe F. Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune, Montreal, Qc
Your first approach is the proper one, because it keeps everything that is document-related in your template instead of splitting the functions between Template and Workflow. That approach makes it easier to maintain in the long run.

You could have Workflow parse the name of the file and set one of the JobInfos to a specific value when a watermark is required. Your template could then simply include a conditional overlay based on that JobInfo value.