Topic Options
#55713 - 02/16/18 02:42 PM Debugging picture issue in workflow?
Dave-Ohio Offline
OL Newbie

Loc: Ohio, USA
I have a form that contains three picture objects and some data selection fields. One of the pictures is a background for a form that is first in the list by page. The others are a logo and a signature. The signature is the last in the list and has a variable image set to a file on the planet press server's hard drive = 'c:\\signatures\\'+trim(@(5,100,104))+'.jpg'. This statement/object prints in other forms but will not print in this one. I changed the 'on error' to "print square" and a square is printed when running through workflow. The signature appears correctly in design, just won't write to the emailed PDF in workflow.

Is there a way to debug this from the workflow process to see why the error is occurring?

#55714 - 02/16/18 02:45 PM Re: Debugging picture issue in workflow? [Re: Dave-Ohio]
Jean-Cédric Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Québec, Canada
If you say that the same physical (on disk) image works for other forms, then the problem is most likely in the form where the call to it is done.

Could be a syntax error. I would suggest to open one of the other forms in which the call to that same physical image is done and check to compare with the one it doesn't work from.

Hope that helps.

#55715 - 02/16/18 03:39 PM Re: Debugging picture issue in workflow? [Re: Dave-Ohio]
Dave-Ohio Offline
OL Newbie

Loc: Ohio, USA
I checked the syntax many times. Even changed it where the formula was replaced by the hardcoded file name. I also added a data selection for the variable part of the name to ensure that it was being pulled properly.

Is there any way to debug this translation process in workflow to see why the error is occurring?

#55716 - 02/16/18 04:04 PM Re: Debugging picture issue in workflow? [Re: Dave-Ohio]
Jean-Cédric Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Québec, Canada
Not that i know of...

To help you properly we would need to see the Template and reproduce the issue. I suggest you open a technical support call at 1-866-348-5863 or through our website.