Topic Options
#55822 - 03/22/18 04:24 PM PDF Split on Metadata
Plabl Offline
OL Newbie

Hi,

I am trying to split a pdf based on metadata, specifically on the document level. This seems like it should be straightforward.

I have my splitter set up with Metadata Level: Document, with 1 occurence of the level. Looking at the splitter loop with breakpoints seems like it works properly, with the metadata being reset each run with the proper document, data page, and pages. However, when the pdf is split out, it only always contains the first page of the document, even though each document contains more than that.

Any advice?

#55823 - 03/23/18 02:52 PM Re: PDF Split on Metadata [Re: Plabl]
Philippe F. Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune, Montreal, Qc
Your setup is fine, I just replicated it here and it works. As you said, this is very straightforward. Are you sure your metadata documents contain more than one page? Also, are you doing anything with the PDF after it's been plit but prior to sending it to a folder?

#55832 - 03/27/18 12:52 PM Re: PDF Split on Metadata [Re: Plabl]
Plabl Offline
OL Newbie

Sorry for the late reply.

I'm not sure what the issue was with the GUI setup, but I just wrote a script using alambic's ExtractTo method to do what I wanted instead. It gave me finer control over the logic in any case.

Thanks for the help though!

**Edit
I should mention that my loop over the metadata was a foreach over the documents in the meta I was loading, so I'm still confused as to why the built in splitter wouldn't work. I wasn't doing anything to the pdf afterwards either.

Edited by Plabl (03/27/18 12:54 PM)