Topic Options
#55568 - 12/15/17 03:41 PM PlanetPress Production and Network User Accounts..
Wolfgang Offline
OL Toddler

Loc: Dallas, TX
1.) Due to corporate security changes, I need to know if PlanetPress Production can run under a "service account" on our network server.
2.) If so, do I need to make any changes to either PlanetPress or to the network user account?
3.) If not, is there any way to work around the "service user account"? because right now, some security modifications have been made and I can't even access (login using Remote Desktop Connection) the server.

#55569 - 12/15/17 03:58 PM Re: PlanetPress Production and Network User Accounts.. [Re: Wolfgang]
Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune Montreal
Hi Wolfgang,

Not only can it run under a service account, it's actually strongly recommended that you do so. The account should have admin privileges, or at least, it needs to have read/write permissions to anything that you plan on capturing/outputting files on. (like network drives, email accounts, web services, etc... depending on what your PlanetPress solution actually uses)

To configure the account assigned to the services, you can go in Workflow, under Tools->Configure Services, uncheck "Local System Account", and enter the domain, user name and password associated to the account that you want to assign to the services. Then restart the services, and you should be good to go.

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Raphaël Lalonde-Lefebvre

#55902 - 04/18/18 09:25 AM Re: PlanetPress Production and Network User Accounts.. [Re: Wolfgang]
Wolfgang Offline
OL Toddler

Loc: Dallas, TX
A follow up question...
If the Network Domain changes, does PlanetPress Production care? If the current network domain = Porthos and it gets changed to Aramis, what would be the consequences.

#55905 - 04/18/18 11:08 AM Re: PlanetPress Production and Network User Accounts.. [Re: Wolfgang]
Jean-Cédric Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Québec, Canada
It would if your Workflow service account is set to a domain admin (or user). If it is local system account than no.