Topic Options
#56015 - 06/04/18 09:06 AM Rolling Up Multiple Rows Of Data Into A Single Row
rjewer Offline
OL Newbie

Loc: Gardner, MA USA
Hello. I am looking for a way to roll up multiple rows of data into a single row. For example, the data file contains 10 rows, or records, for the same New York location but each of these records contain different member ID numbers. I need to output one document for this New York location that has all 10 member ID's listed on it. Both the number of locations and the member ID's for each location are variable. What is the best approach for something like this using PP Suite 7? Thank you!

#56018 - 06/04/18 05:03 PM Re: Rolling Up Multiple Rows Of Data Into A Single Row [Re: rjewer]
Jean-Cédric Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Québec, Canada
To help you properly we would need to see the Template and reproduce the issue. I suggest you open a technical support call at 1-866-348-5863 or through our website.

#56024 - 06/13/18 03:07 PM Re: Rolling Up Multiple Rows Of Data Into A Single Row [Re: Jean-Cédric]
ajrosner Offline
OL Newbie

Loc: Indianapolis, IN
was there a solution to this? I have similar project it sounds like and would like to see how it was resolved.

#56025 - 06/13/18 03:09 PM Re: Rolling Up Multiple Rows Of Data Into A Single Row [Re: rjewer]
Jean-Cédric Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Québec, Canada
I am not aware that a ticket was open for this. Maybe rjewer can answer if he had a solution proposed or he found one. If not, I suggest you follow my previous answer.

#56082 - 06/25/18 12:54 PM Re: Rolling Up Multiple Rows Of Data Into A Single Row [Re: ajrosner]
rjewer Offline
OL Newbie

Loc: Gardner, MA USA
Sorry, I just read this reply, my email notifications must not be working here. OL support did indeed help me with this. First I had to convert my CSV data into a PlanetPress database file. When converting I had to make sure I selected the field that would be unique, such as "Location ID", for each separate document under "Create data pages as follows" in the PlanetPress Database plug-in. Then, on the design page I added data selections for each field {member id,name,date} I needed to "roll-up". On the data selection properties you want to set Data - From record =&current.line To record =&current.line. I then grouped the data selections. In the group properties I set the repeat mode to line repeat from line 1 to line 0 (0 meaning all lines under that particular 'Location ID'). That's the down and dirty of it. There is more to it such as handling overflow and using snapping points and such but this gets the ball rolling. Support provided great examples of this to get me rolling. Please let me know if you need any further assistance. In the meantime I'll figure out how to get notified when there is a reply on a thread of mine.