Topic Options
#56000 - 05/24/18 05:52 AM Have issues printing a non standard size label
Jan Torben Krant Offline
OL Newbie

Hello,
till now all Documents that I created were A4 or A5 in size.
The new document is 21cm x 7,25cm (a small sheet of cardboard).
Now to the issue I´m facing.
I can´t get the printers (output = Windows printer driver) to print it correctly.

When I create a PDF and print from this it works.
In the PDF print preview I can also see that it uses the custom paper size that I have setup in the driver.

Printing directly to the printer only generates an empty piece of paper.
i assume that printer does not consider this custom paper size.

Did someone else have this problem and could give me a hint on how to solve it?

#56003 - 05/24/18 11:07 AM Re: Have issues printing a non standard size label [Re: Jan Torben Krant]
Jean-Cédric Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Québec, Canada
Well, first you wan to make sure you have the proper PPD. You can contact your printer reseller to get it.

You could then do a print to file from your PDF sample, through the printer driver and save that to a file. From it you will be able to see what are the proper commands the printer requires and then, update the PPD.

Once done, you will be able to reproduce the required set of commands.

If this is out of your reach as far as the knowledge required,
I suggest you open a technical support call at 1-866-348-5863 or through our website.

#56005 - 05/25/18 03:45 AM Re: Have issues printing a non standard size label [Re: Jan Torben Krant]
Jan Torben Krant Offline
OL Newbie

Thanks for the answer.
I don´t understand most of it, so I think its better to contact the support wink

#56006 - 05/25/18 10:48 AM Re: Have issues printing a non standard size label [Re: Jan Torben Krant]
Jean-Cédric Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Québec, Canada
It would be best as getting into details on this would make a VERY long post.

#56022 - 06/07/18 12:48 PM Re: Have issues printing a non standard size label [Re: Jan Torben Krant]
Tanna Dietrich Offline
OL Newbie

Many users have been facing the same problem like you. Your problem is that empty space has been selecting. The cartridge is caused your problem so change it or you can contact to ricoh printer for print tech solution.