Topic Options
#56286 - 09/10/18 11:50 AM Planet Press Windows printing queue vs Adobe DC
dazzaman Offline
OL Newbie

Loc: Basingstoke
Hi There

I'm after a bit of advice on a perculiar problem.

I've been tasked with printing some 6x4 PDF labels to a Intermec PX6i printer. It's working, have to do it via a Windows output queue and driver.

The issue I have is that the image is slightly cropped on the Planet Press output, there's about 3/4mm cropped off the top of the label which ruins some of the service level detail. When I print the same image through Adobe Reader DC the cropping isn't as bad.

I think my question is how is this happening (or how do I make the cropping better)

#56287 - 09/10/18 11:57 AM Re: Planet Press Windows printing queue vs Adobe DC [Re: dazzaman]
dazzaman Offline
OL Newbie

Loc: Basingstoke
I've probably just solved this issue by printing the image upside down, it crops a little of the bar-code of the bottom but is still readable.

Would be interested if there is still a better way to handle it.

#56288 - 09/10/18 12:04 PM Re: Planet Press Windows printing queue vs Adobe DC [Re: dazzaman]
jouberto Offline
OL Toddler

Hi,

It could be that the print margins of the printer are cropping your output. You could try shifting your design to allow for more room for margins. Also, depending on the drivers, you could have the option to "scale to fit", preventing any items from being cropped. Without looking at the template, driver and output results, it is a bit difficult to determine the best fix.

Regards,