Topic Options
#56321 - 09/18/18 10:30 PM Printing Heterogeneous Documents in a Packet
Anwar Hussain Offline
OL Toddler

Loc: OH
Dear All,

I am printing Printing Heterogeneous Documents in a Packet (INVOICES, STATEMENTS etc.) All documents are printed in double sided (DUPLEX). What I want is to make sure when printing Invoices and Statements, the next Statements should not print on the back of Invoices, rather Statements should start from a new page. Please help.

#56322 - 09/19/18 10:39 AM Re: Printing Heterogeneous Documents in a Packet [Re: Anwar Hussain]
jouberto Offline
OL Toddler

Hi,

If your invoices and statements are from different job data files, it should always start on a new front as the printer will treat it as a new job. If using the same job data file, invoices and statements could be outputted, then the method to achieve this will depend a lot on your template design.

Three fairly straightforward methods come to mind with a typical template. Easiest one is to use the "force front" option on the first page of your invoices and statements. If this doesn't work and you print using optimized postscript, you can use the metadata produced for your job to determine if you are on a front or back, and have a conditional blank page in your template that gets added only if you are on a back, and starting a new document type. You can also manually iterate a counter for each page produced, and evaluate if the value is even/odd and trigger the conditional blank page when desired.

If all this sounds like too much information, you can open a support ticket so the best approach is provided according to your specific resources.

Hope this helps. Thanks.
Regards,

#56330 - 09/26/18 03:00 PM Re: Printing Heterogeneous Documents in a Packet [Re: Anwar Hussain]
Anwar Hussain Offline
OL Toddler

Loc: OH
Thank you Jouberto. The "Counter" scenario you suggested worked for me. Thanks a lot again.