Topic Options
#56626 - 01/14/19 06:29 AM Workflow that is connecting an external Module
MariaM Offline
OL Newbie

Loc: Deutschland
Hi everybody.

Our task is to create a PRINTING process in workflow, that would connect an external module(.exe) and will print it out.
We have created one that:
1. is seekeng my layout
2. taking the variable I need from my layout
3. calculating this variable with the external .exe
4. sending the calculated variable back to the layout
5. printing up all the layouts with different variables

Our problem is the 5th step.
It goes well, but it is printing just one layout from all we have.

Is anybody so kind to give us a hint?

Thanks in advance,

mariaM

Edited by MariaM (01/14/19 09:04 AM)

#56632 - 01/14/19 10:45 AM Re: Workflow that is connecting an external Module [Re: MariaM]
Jean-Cédric Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Québec, Canada
Without more information about your overall process, it is a little hard to troubleshoot you.

How about opening a support case on our website? That will be a lot easier having someone remoting in at your site and look at it live.

However, you can still explain in more detail here and someone might have some idea to share with you.

#56633 - 01/15/19 12:54 AM Re: Workflow that is connecting an external Module [Re: Jean-Cédric]
MariaM Offline
OL Newbie

Hi, thanks for stopping by.
We have created a printing process where we have a desired variable on our layouts, that should be calculated with an external module.

I will be more specific wit the steps we have applied:

1. It starts with the source on our local computer;
2. then the branch goes down by taking datamapper;
3. then down to does the LOOP;
4. then down - connecting with an external program and taking an .exe file for calculating the desired variable from the template;
5. then down- where is the printing process and it shows where are the templates;
6.Normally, one of the last steps(or somewhere else) should be printing all the layouts, but instead it is multiplifying the first layout and it's printing it just so many times so I can set up.

What we actually need, are these layouts with the desired variable on each, that is connecting to that external program(which is an .exe that is adding +50), and it is calculating and printing out a big number of layouts with already calculated variables.
Unfortunatelly I cannot add the printscreen so you make an general overview.

Please look over it and let me know if we can give you more details.

P.S. we have talked with support for at least 2 weeks. There are hints, but not clear details, that we do not understand. We are in a big lack of time and the support is being very slow. We are waiting for someone to reply us and come train us in this matter already, but there is nobody answering our emails for several days.

Thank you so much in advance for any hint or idea.

Regards,

MariaM

Edited by MariaM (01/15/19 07:01 AM)

#56634 - 01/15/19 07:40 AM Re: Workflow that is connecting an external Module [Re: MariaM]
MariaM Offline
OL Newbie

Another question, that is linked somehow to this is:
I am making this actions just in one branch, that goes straight down for all of them- from the first to the last. Logically this is what does not work. I tried to put 'loop' in a subbranch, but I cannot go back with the following processes.

Is there a hint for me here?

#56636 - 01/15/19 11:30 AM Re: Workflow that is connecting an external Module [Re: MariaM]
MartinS Offline
OL Guru

Loc: Munich
this issue is being handled already by a support ticket (Livetime 174623).

#56638 - 01/16/19 12:11 AM Re: Workflow that is connecting an external Module [Re: MariaM]
MariaM Offline
OL Newbie

Hello Martin, that is right, but I unfortunatelly the support service is not reacting and we have no time to wait. We need to solve it as soon as possible.

Is there a possibility to get in touch?

#56650 - 01/17/19 03:30 PM Re: Workflow that is connecting an external Module [Re: MariaM]
cosimo Offline
OL Expert

Loc: montreal
Hello MariaM,
I will speak with MartinS as soon as possible and we will provide you with an update regarding your situation ASAP. The communication will most likely take place outside of this forum since you already have an open ticket with us.

Thanks