Topic Options
#56754 - 02/11/19 02:17 PM multiple forms and letterheads
Sami786 Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Home
Hi, can someone advise me of the best approach for processing a multi forms and multi letterheads job.

I'm starting to work on this big project which has 100's of forms,signatures and variable conditional paragraphs, most importantly these signatures, forms and paragraphs are constantly changing every month.

I'm looking into options where I can add new forms and letters on the fly, and to be able to update signatures and letters without editing the design templates somehow, keep in mind the data file format will not change which help allot smile but editing each template manually will take time and easy to make mistakes. Please share your thoughts and experiences to help me build a good process with less human error.

Thanks

Edited by Sami786 (02/11/19 02:20 PM)

#56756 - 02/11/19 05:42 PM Re: multiple forms and letterheads [Re: Sami786]
Philippe F. Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune, Montreal, Qc
This kind of project would be much easier to implement with PlanetPress Connect because its templates can dynamically pull contents from a Content Management System like WordPress. That allows you to have fairly static templates while the content itself is fully dynamic and can be managed, in WordPress, by specific users with specific roles.

You should contact your account representative for more information on PlanetPRess Connect.

#56764 - 02/14/19 09:21 AM Re: multiple forms and letterheads [Re: Sami786]
Sami786 Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Home
Hi Philippe, We will be moving to PP Connect eventually but until we are trained and become fluent I need to get this project started ASAP. Do you know if deriving variable within a content is possible in PP Connect? For example when I want to dynamically pull a content with variables? Example could be as follows:

" Dear {F_Name}, your next renewal is due on the {date}. "

For now we're thinking to design a temple and use HTML code to pull each paragraphs from a static file. So this way I can change the contents each time rather then changing the templates.
Is this approach feasible? If so how can I manage signature placement on the letters? they will not always be on the same position. Can I print the signature dynamically? this part I don't know how frown , but I do know how to use HTML code to pull the contents.

Thank you once again for your advise.

#56790 - 02/22/19 07:01 AM Re: multiple forms and letterheads [Re: Sami786]
Philippe F. Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune, Montreal, Qc
In PlanetPress Connect, all content "flows" by default. So for instance if you want your signature to always appear after a certain paragraph, it will, regardless of the length of the paragraph.

You can pull both the paragraph and the signatures from external files or from an external content management system.
The external content can even contain references to variables inside your template, those variables will be replaced dynamically at merge time.

Note that there is a separate Forum for Connect users, so if you have any specific questions about the application, please subscribe to it:
https://learn.objectiflune.com/discourse