Topic Options
#57052 - 05/21/19 10:13 AM Changing Servers
steveo Offline
OL Newbie

Good day -
We're looking to upgrade the server that houses PlanetPress to a virtual server with more space, so I'm wondering how that works in regards to licensing.

Will we be able to have 2 Production versions running at the same time? I imagine there will be a short period of time when we're trying to get the new server up, while the old server still needs to run daily production.

#57053 - 05/21/19 10:33 AM Re: Changing Servers [Re: steveo]
Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune Montreal
Hi steveo,

You won't be able to have two Productions running at the same time unless you have two licenses. That said, when you install PlanetPress on the new server, it'll be in trial mode for 30 days, allowing you to setup and test everything while the current Production will continue running without issues. Once everything is setup and working, then you can do the license transfer.

Regards,
Raphaël Lalonde-Lefebvre

#57056 - 05/21/19 10:51 AM Re: Changing Servers [Re: steveo]
steveo Offline
OL Newbie

And that trial is fully-featured?
I know I have a development license on a different server and that has fewer features than the one on the Prod server...

#57057 - 05/21/19 11:02 AM Re: Changing Servers [Re: steveo]
Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune Montreal
Yes, the trial is fully-featured, though obviously, you will get a watermark on every output you produce, but that should be fine for testing purpose.

Regarding the dev license, I'm not aware of any difference in terms of features between a dev and prod license, unless your dev license is a different "level", in other words, a Watch or Office license instead of a Production license. That could affect the available features. You'd have to call Activations and check with them exactly what kind of license you have, and what restrictions it has.

But for the trial, it should be full-featured, with a watermark on the outputs you produce using it.

Regards,
Raphaël Lalonde-Lefebvre