Topic Options
#57509 - 06/05/20 08:52 AM Text condition branch based on an XML data entry
Graham M Offline
OL Newbie

Loc: UK
Hi - I have what's probably a rookie question

I'm processing an XML data file and I want to branch based on a text condition - a 'true'/'false' entry in a data field <sendtohub>.

I've tried lots of things to reference the data, (e.g. various operators on a string "xmlget('/results[1]/row[1]/sendtohub[1]')") and searched the help and forum but can't find how to make this work.

What am I doing wrong? Should I be using something other than a text condition with an XML file?

Thanks for any help you can give

Graham

#57510 - 06/05/20 06:04 PM Re: Text condition branch based on an XML data entry [Re: Graham M]
jim3108 Online   content
OL Expert

Loc: London, UK
Hi Graham,

No problem with "rookie questions"; we all have been there.

You're on the right track. In the Workflow, you want a Text Condition which compares your selection from the XML with the result true.

NB: It helps if you right-click in the String field and select Get Data Location as this populates the XmlGet code for you.

See here: Screenshot Example

Your Text Condition will form a branch implicitly.

Regards,

James.

#57511 - 06/08/20 06:58 AM Re: Text condition branch based on an XML data entry [Re: Graham M]
Graham M Offline
OL Newbie

Loc: UK
Thanks James. Clearly I'm not yet used to the OL way of doing things - I didn't think to try right-clicking on the textbox!

#57528 - 06/29/20 06:39 PM Re: Text condition branch based on an XML data entry [Re: Graham M]
jim3108 Online   content
OL Expert

Loc: London, UK
Glad this helped you out.