These forums were permanently set to read-only mode on July 20, 2022. From that day onwards, no new posting or comment is allowed on the site, but the historical content remains intact and searchable.

A new location for posting questions about PlanetPress Suite is now available:

OL Learn - PlanetPress Classic (opens in new tab)

Topic Options
#57956 - 04/16/21 02:44 PM French char encoding issue
morgan Offline
OL Newbie

Registered: 04/25/16
Posts: 13
I’m having an issue with the French characters on one of my design documents. I think it might be an encoding issue. I tried changing it from default font encoding to ISO-8859-1 but then it just returned different funny characters. I also tried creating a user defined encoding but that gave me the same funny chars as default font encoding.
Please let me know if you can think of something else I can try. This design document used to work fine before with default font encoding. The only thing I can think of that has changed is we upgraded to a new server, it’s a windows server 2016 standard edition.

#57964 - 04/20/21 03:57 AM Re: French char encoding issue [Re: morgan]
MartinS Offline
OL Guru

Registered: 08/06/12
Posts: 142
Loc: Munich
yes that's definitely an encoding issue.
You need to select the right encoding and the font which is supporting this encoding.
So just try with different fonts.