Topic Options
#57959 - 04/19/21 07:20 AM Stop Lines from Wrapping
Ron Gregor Offline
OL Newbie

How do I stop lines from wrapping. For some lines in an address we can not have them wrap. Setting allow line breaks to NO does not work.

#57961 - 04/19/21 09:53 AM Re: Stop Lines from Wrapping [Re: Ron Gregor]
Jean-Cédric Online   content
OL Expert

Loc: Québec, Canada
That will be a 2 steps solution.
  1. Using Workflow, replace the spaces of a section of the data (using a script) or of the whole file (using Search & Replace plugin) by a character you know cannot possibly appear in it. (In my test I used the tilde character "~"). So a line like this "this is an example" turned into "this~is~an~example".
  2. Then, in your form, in the Encoding of the style used a your Text object, replace the replacement character by a space. To do so, click on the button next to the drop-down of the Encoding. Find your replacement character ("~" for me wink ) and replace it by a space character by drag and dropping the space character from the right (as in right/left and not right/wrong wink ) list.

Edited by Jean-Cédric (04/19/21 10:00 AM)
Take one down
Code around
127 frigging bugs in my code
♪♫♪♫

#57962 - 04/19/21 10:12 AM Re: Stop Lines from Wrapping [Re: Ron Gregor]
Tina Offline
OL Newbie

Loc: Chicago, IL USA
Jean-Cedric

PSM Suite does not have a workflow like PlanetPress Connect.
If you have turned off Allow Line Breaks and that is not working it is possible you will need to set copyfitting for the font may be too large.
Otherwise I suggest opening support ticket if you have valid OL Care

#57963 - 04/19/21 10:15 AM Re: Stop Lines from Wrapping [Re: Ron Gregor]
Jean-Cédric Online   content
OL Expert

Loc: Québec, Canada
So sorry...I didn't look into which forum the thread was opened and though it was PlanetPress Suite one...again, my bad.

(damn!!! was like a kid answering a teacher's question...oh!oh!oh! I know this one!!! wink )

Edited by Jean-Cédric (04/19/21 10:21 AM)
Take one down
Code around
127 frigging bugs in my code
♪♫♪♫

#57983 - 05/10/21 09:02 AM Re: Stop Lines from Wrapping [Re: Ron Gregor]
Ron Gregor Offline
OL Newbie

Tina

Even if I use copy fit to reduce font size down to a minimum I still need lines that are to long not to wrap. I need to get the ERROR message when I do a verify document so that I can fix whatever is wrapping by adjusting box or truncating data or whatever. But I can't have some lines wrap or the Post Office will reject or fine the entire job. When you 10,000 to 1,000,000 or more records you can't manually check them all.

#57984 - 05/10/21 09:06 AM Re: Stop Lines from Wrapping [Re: Ron Gregor]
Tina Offline
OL Newbie

Loc: Chicago, IL USA
Ron, I was just offering up a suggestion. It is best to open a support ticket if you have valid OL Care.